Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Take Two - La France

The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and life is beautiful. Yes, I am finally here :). Long story short, my plane and train rides went perfectly fine and I am a bit jet-lagged. I have my own "mini house" with two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a combined kitchen and dining room. Though, I will be eating with my host family and so will not really be using the kitchen area. Veronique(the wife of Pierrick, the farmer) picked me up from the train station at Guingamp, Brittanie, and drove me to their farm; I will be here for two weeks. They two daughters and a son. Their youngest still lives here(Claire, almost 15 years old) and Pierrick's mother lives here too. They have about 60 vaches(cows), several cochons(pigs), and one cheval(horse). It is simply B-E-A-U-tiful here. The family is extremely nice and speaks little English; I prefer that I be submerged in the French language and culture, where I must communicate mostly with French. It does seem that my French skills are a bit better than I thought! Of what I understand, it appears that I will be helping the family prepare some of their cattle for showing. So far I have learned that around 3 o'clock (15 heure), we have cafe, baguette, crepes, et beurre ou la confiture (we have coffee, bread, crepes, and butter or jam). Dinner is at 8. The rest has yet to be discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment