Saturday, May 28, 2011

Slight Change of Plans

Alright, so I lied. Well, not really lied ... things just changed.
It all started on Friday around 10:00am. That is, the dairy exposition/cow competition. Brieu showed the first cow and I showed the second. Problem was, the supposedly "nicest cow" was the absolute worst; she tossed and turned her head, did not want to listen to me, kept directing us toward the onlookers just outside the ring, and stepped on my toes TWICE(once for each foot). I honestly almost cried. Brieu had to actually come in and help me, while Pierrick was telling me to let up on the harness a bit. She, the cow, won third place(when she usually wins first). I was so embarrassed and disheartened. Though, on a slightly brighter side, I don't think the showing itself had too great of an effect on placement as did the cow's back and hock appearance. Nevertheless...
A bit later on, Celine and I walked around the Exposition to see all of the stands and other animals. Also, there were many field trips taking place yesterday; there were many children running around. We saw sheep, goats, cows, pigs, avians(birds), horses, bulls, and the more. They were even handing out free fresh milk wherein you could add a syrup of your choice: chocolate, hazelnut, caramel*, strawberry, raspberry, etc. If you could have any flavoring in your milk, what would you choose? We chose caramel and it was yummy; like a latte without the coffee. After the first showing and lunch, we prepared to show the cows a second time. (This was for the udder, the milk production, etc). When I showed the same cow(Usti) a second time, she was as happy as a clam. I didn't understand it. Turns out, she won first place! (Not sure in what, but still!). A few other cows won first place for some other things too; I showed a few more cows. The Friday showing ended at 5 and once the cows were milked and everyone was content, Pierrick, his father, and their friend were getting ready to leave. Turns out, I didn't have to stay and there was hardly any room in the tent anyway. Once we got home, I went for a prayer bike ride to help lift my spirits.
Veronique said that since today is Saturday, I had the day off. So I slept in ... until 9! (Very late for me). Great day! I get to sleep in, run, go for a bike ride, read, etc. Not exactly; it's overcast today, I have a slight stomach ache, and am not yet sure, but may be coming down with something. :( So I decided to rest in my room, under my blankets(all snug as a bug in a rug) while watching Tangled. I THINK I'm feeling better, but who knows?





No comments:

Post a Comment